Low Kok Hua
OUR BRIEF HISTORY
establishment in 1930, Lau Clan General Association had
witnessed the World War II in the 1940s, turbulent years in the 1950s,
nation-building in the 1960s and 1970s and strong economic growth in
the 1980s and 1990s. The arrival of a new millennium brought about
many new challenges for the Association. The Association
had indeed come a long way ever since its inception.
The Association was established in the early
1930s and was first known as "Peng Cheng Gong Hui（彭城公会）". In April 1935, the Association moved to a rented shop house at No. 99, Cross Street and was subsequently re-named "Liu Shi Gong Hui（刘氏公会） ".
During World War II, it was forced to cease operation in 1941. After
World War II, in 1946, the association resumed its activities and bought its own property. In 1951 it was renamed "Lau Clan General Association （刘氏总会）" In 1974 the Association bought the present premise at
32 Opal Crescent, Singapore 328429
the Association celebrated its 50th Anniversary and invited clansmen from overseas to Singapore. 1996 it
also published its first souvenir magazine and celebrated
its 55th Anniversary.
2006 we hosted 5th World Liu Convention (世界刘氏第五届联谊大会）in Singapore and celebrated its 60th Anniversary.
2011 the Association celebrated
its 65th Anniversary and invited local and overseas clansmen, associates
and friends to a gala dinner at Orchard Hotel.
70th Anniversary, and 15th Anniversary of our Youth Group and
Women's Group at Singapore Shangrila Hotel island ballroom on 3rd Oct